Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A Bit of Encouragement

The past few weeks have been rough in our homeschool and in our household.  Things have been crazy and I am just simply overwhelmed.  I feel that I am not doing enough as a mother or a teacher for my children.  I feel that I am not adequately meeting the needs of my amazing husband.  And I feel that my university students are not getting the attention they need and deserve from an instructor.  Basically, I am just feeling like I am failing.

So, I have been praying.  And God revealed something wonderful to me, so wonderful in fact that I think you need to hear it too.  I am doing enough.  I might not be doing everything that I want to do and I may be not be the perfect mother, wife, or teacher.  But, I am who God wants me to be and I am enough.  I am doing exactly what he intends for me to do and so are you.  You are meeting the needs of your family, even when you feel like a failure.

Have a blessed day, my homeschooling friends!  

 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Philippians 4:13



Marla is a former special education teacher, current PhD student, university instructor, and stay-at-home, homeschooling mom of two little girls (ages 2 and 4).  She blogs about homeschooling at Marla's Motherhood Musings and her family's experiences living in Zambia at Our Life in Lusaka.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...