Wednesday, January 16, 2013

When I Didn't Have the Motivation

I don't know about you, but sometimes, I simply don't have the motivation for lessons that we need to learn in our homeschool.  Sometimes, I put off teaching something simply because it just seems like too much work or I am not interested in it.


I had a very hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year.  I think that it is the warm weather here in Africa and the fact that we did not have space to bring our tree or decorations when we moved. However, I know how much I loved Christmas as a little girl and I want my girls to love it too.  Plus, as a Christian, Christmas is such an important and wonderful holiday.  So, after a few weeks of not doing anything Christmas-related, I forced myself to start doing Christmas bible lessons and Christmas crafts with the girls.  And, I am so glad that I did!  They had a fabulous time having Christmas homeschooling and they learned a lot about God's love for them through discussing the Christmas story every day.  Plus, all of the fabulous art projects they made to decorate our house and the yummy snacks we created helped put me in the Christmas spirit.  


The next time that I have no motivation, I hope that I can remember how thankful I am for finding the motivation to teach my girls about Christmas!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...