You and your children have completed, or are about to complete, an entire school year. Looking back, it has been a long trail to walk, but you have done it, together.
Whether you feel like you are sailing across the finish line or limping with a few faithful friends helping you walk, you will finish and this calls for a special celebration.
Ten Ideas to Celebrate or Mark the End of a School Year
- Year End Presentations - Show family members and friends all your children have accomplished this year with a year end presentation.
- Plan a Picnic in the park, backyard, or living room.
- Serve a Special Dinner - Serve your child's favorite meal or go to their favorite restaurant to eat.
- Make a Special Dessert - When our oldest finished Kindergarten, I made a cake to look like Green Eggs and Ham to celebrate.
- Take A Trip - Go somewhere fun, like a baseball game or an amusement park.
- Spend the Day Outside at the beach, lake, or pool.
- Give a Special Memento or Gift to each child. Perhaps something that will remind them of the school year.
- Have a Party complete with balloons, cupcakes, and friends.
- Play A Round of Mini-Golf or Frisbee Golf.
- Do Something Daring - Try out a zip line or climbing wall.
Whatever you choose to do, remember to take the time to celebrate!