Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Thinking and Pondering

This is our first year of homeschooling, and it's been months of fun as well as figuring out what is working and what is not.

What is working? Interest led schooling is awesome for Sophie. She responds so well when she is picking the topics.

What didn't work? Trying to do way too many topics during the day. I figured out early on that I needed to relax and just let Sophie learn. {which is easier said than done!}

Since I'm pondering all things homeschool, I have a question for you....

WHY are YOU homeschooling?  When it comes right down to it, what is the absolute reason that you chose to homeschool?

I'll go first.....we decided to homeschool because I wasn't ready to send Sophie out the door to be molded by someone else.

Who's next??

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...