Thursday, October 6, 2011

When Homeschooling Gets Stressful

Even though I truly believe that homeschooling s the most natural, and effective way for children to learn, doesn’t mean that every day {or every week for that matter} goes smoothly. One of the best benefits of homeschooling is that when everyone gets stressed out, you can take a day, even a week off to unwind.

We had been going strong with school from July 5th, up until September 7th or so. We barely had a break from the previous year, and we hit a wall. We were all just not feeling it anymore. The kids were stressed, I was stressed, and the thought of trudging up the classroom stairs made even my eyes glaze over.


What was my solution?


We took a break. An unplanned, glorious break. We all felt much better, and I came to realize that as much as we love homeschooling, I needed to make some adjustments to our schedule. You see, as much as I loved taking Mondays off, the time it was taking for time for breaks throughout the year was minimal. I still will do year-round homeschooling, but we are going to move to 5 day weeks, with more frequent mini-breaks. Homeschooling is flexible. I am so very thankful for that.

What about you? What do you do when things get rough?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...