Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Snacktime Basic Math

I try to make learning fun for Abigail and also try to build learning opportunities into our daily routines.  I have found that snacktime is a wonderful way to work on math skills.  Here are a few fun ways that we do math at snacktime.  

We use food to make patterns.


I write numbers on plastic cups and Abigail counts the correct number of snacks and puts them into the cups.


I write numbers in the holes of egg cartons and Abigail counts snacks into the holes.


I put snacks into Easter eggs and Abigail counts them before eating them.



We use snacks as counters for addition


and for measuring tools.


There are countless ways to work on basic math skills at snacktime.  How do you play with your food to enhance learning for your children?

This week, we have linked up with the Hip Homeschool Hop.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...