Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful for their Love of Learning

With Thanksgiving only being a few days away, I have been focusing on the many blessings in my life.  I have so much to be thankful for this year (my faith, an amazing family, great friends, my health, food, a home, the chance to further my education, being a stay-at-home mom, etc.).  One thing that I thank God for each day, though, is that both of my girls LOVE learning.  Abigail (age 3) gets up in the mornings and asks to "do school".  Sometimes, before she goes to bed at night, she asks me what we will be learning in school the next day.  She even wants to have preschool on the weekends!  Charlotte (age 14 months) runs to the table each morning when she overhears me telling Abigail that it is almost time for preschool.  Even at a very young age, Charlotte can't wait to learn.  I constantly marvel at my girls' passion for learning.  When I was a public school teacher, I worked with numerous students who hated school and could not wait for the bell to ring at the end of each day.  My girls are the complete opposite and I am so thankful for that.  I only hope that this passion for learning and knowledge continues for the rest of their lives!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...