Monday, December 5, 2011

Homeschooling Myself

When we first decided to homeschool preschool for Abigail, I thought about the numerous ways that she would benefit from learning at home.  I never stopped to consider how I would benefit from being Abigail's teacher, but over the past year and a half, I have learned so much!

I have learned about my girls - spending all day with them and teaching them helps me know and understand them more thoroughly and appreciate them more.

I have learned a lot about myself - taking on the new challenge of teaching my girls has revealed some of my own strengths and weaknesses.

I have learned about God - preparing bible lessons for the girls has led me to explore those stories more deeply and spend more time in prayer asking God for help in teaching and in understanding.

I have learned about cooking - doing regular cooking projects with the girls has led me to exploring new recipes and techniques that I would never before have tried.

I have learned about the world around me - we have done unit studies on a variety of animals and I have learned about the animals while teaching

While I never expected homeschooling to lead to learning for me as well, I am so glad that it has!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...