One of the best things about a party, second only to the guests, is the food! Today we're sharing some of our favorite recipes with you so we can enjoy them together.
This is the best finger Jell-O recipe I have ever used. The Jell-O hardens in 1 ½ to 2 hours. It is very easy to cut with different shaped cookie-cutters.
What you need:
2 Unflavored Gelatins
1-6 oz. Package of Jell-O or 2-3 oz Packages, Your choice of flavor
2 ½ cups of Water
What you do:
Dissolve unflavored gelatin in 1 cup of water. In separate saucepan, add 1 cup of water and boil. Add flavored Jell-O to the boiling water and dissolve. Remove the boiling water and Jell-O from heat. Add the already dissolved unflavored gelatin to the boiling Jell-O. Add the final ½ cup of water and stir. Pour into a 9x13 lightly greased pan. I use a glass casserole dish. Put in freezer and let Jell-O harden for 2 hours. After Jell-O has hardened, you can use your favorite cookie cutters to cut our fun shapes with your kids. You can use this recipe at special times of the year. For example at Valentine’s Day, you can use red Jell-O and cut out different sized heart shapes. Happy jiggling!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
1. Foil inside and over edges of a 8x8x2 pan tightly. Set aside.
2. In large microwavable bowl mix:
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter (I melt it first)
1/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp. salt
3. Microwave uncovered at 70% power (1000 watt microwave) for 1 minute. Remove. Stir.
4. Mircowave uncovered at 70% power (1000 watt microwave) for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove. Stir.
5. Microwave uncovered at 70% power (1000 watt microwave) for 1 1/2 minutes, or until bubbling. Remove. Total cooking time is 4 minutes. Bowl will be hot, handle with care.
6. Quickly add and stir until melted and blended:
1 pkg (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla
7. Spoon into pan. Use back of the spoon to press into an even layer.
8. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. (I like to refrigerate it overnight, and cut the pieces the next day.)
To make the two layered fudge in the photograph...
1. Follow the recipe, but substitute peanut butter chips for the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Spoon into a 9x13x2 pan. Allow to cool in refrigerator for 2 hours.
2. Follow the above recipe to make the top layer. Spoon chocolate layer onto the peanut butter layer.
3. Allow fudge to cool completely in the refrigerator over night.
4. Cut into pieces the next day.
*Original source of this recipe is unknown to me.
Uncle Ralph Dip
1 block Velveeta Cheese
1 large block Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 small can of Rotel (spiciness dependent on preference)
1 pkg of sausage (type dependent on preference), hamburger is also okay
1. Cut the Velveeta and cream cheese into blocks and put them in a slow cooker along with the can of Rotel.
2. Brown the sausage, and then add to slow cooker.
3. Heat on low for 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally to keep sides from burning. When all is melted and blended well, it's time to serve with some tortilla chips!
That's all for today. What are you favorite party goods?