Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Top Ten Homeschooling Drawbacks

1. When on earth will I schedule my pap smear and mammogram?

2. Same goes for eye and dental exams.

3. There is nobody to complain to when the teacher isn't living up to expectations.

4. Need to work on something without interruption for more than 20 minutes? Hire. a. sitter.

5. If one of my children asks me a question, I feel it is absolutely necessary that I find the answer.

6. There is no such thing as time to myself. Unless I hire a sitter.

7. When my children were in school somewhere else, I could clean the house and it would stay that way until they came home again. Less time in the house for them to make a mess. Now that we are homeschooling, I've brought the mess of glue, paperclips, binders, etc to the house, plus added eight hours of active time. Triple the mess, none of the cleaning time.

8. Want a private conversation with your spouse? Or on the phone? Head to the bathroom and lock the door. Or hire a sitter.

9. No school lunches.

10. Money spent on sitters.



Watch for my Top Ten Homeschooling Perks in my next post!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...