Sunday, September 18, 2011

Without Ideas


So, it's late Sunday night, and I'm finally getting around to writing up the post for this blog. And you know what? I haven't the faintest clue what to write about. Normally, I'm bubbling with ideas that I want to share. Those who know me can vouch for the fact that once you get me started on something I'm passionate about, it's hard to get me to be quiet!

What's the deal this week?

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I've been preoccupied with preparing for a conference this week. Before you get all excited--it's the American Christian Fiction Writer's Annual Conference. So, no, I won't be coming home inspired and spilling over with ideas. Well, I will, but I'm sure most won't have anything to do with homeschooling.

What do you do when your well runs dry? What happens when you're spent?

As homeschool teachers, I'm sure that happens to all of us at one time or another. We're with these adorable kids all day--every day. We're in charge of every aspect of their life. They don't leave to go somewhere for eight hours. Learning doesn't fit into a nice neat box.

We are called to teach them, to train them...but sometimes that pulls more out of us than we have to offer. What do we do?

The only thing we can do--

Take a break. Pray.

The Lord is on our side. He's rooting for us. He WANTS us to succeed. He has not called us to this huge endeavor only to watch us get sucked in to the point of utter exhaustion or failure.

How often have we watched a child determined to do something? Putting a puzzle together for example. Some children are so stubborn, and then they get so frustrated they start to cry or get angry. Finally, they turn to us, tears in their eyes. "Can you help me?"

God is the same way. He pours into us what we need WHEN WE ASK FOR IT. Like any good parent does.

So, right now, I'm praying that God would fill me with the inspiration to touch another's heart. To reach out to someone and offer that bit of hope, a pinch of inspiration.

Pray.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...