Thursday, September 8, 2011

Doing It All



With home and school, as well as blogging, reviewing, church, and mentoring other homeschool moms, I hear the question often-How do you do it all??


The truth is, I don’t. If I tried to do all that I am supposed to do/want to do in a day, something gets put on the back burner. 
I realized that and yet still tried to keep going with everything.
I ignored the laundry piling higher than normal. {The pile that once was not even a pile…} 
I failed to see that my children didn’t see me much other than school, unless it was over the top of my laptop. 
Home cooked meals were suffering from lack of attention, 
and too many pizzas were picked up. 
Clutter was overlooked. 
I told my husband I wasn’t really unplugged from him.


And then one day I finally got it.


I may enjoy helping other moms, and connecting with those who are so much like myself, but I was missing the important part.


The part that kept me home in the first place.


So how do I do it all? By redefining “ALL”.

The laptop is off limits until 1:00. 
The phone can be used briefly to filter emails {I do have online responsibilities}. 
I have stopped saying yes to things online. 
I have stopped saying no to my family
I keep the meals and homemaking on my mind at all times, and I thank Him for giving me the time to come to my senses.
“A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.”
Tenneva Jordan
I am still far from perfect, far from doing it all, but I am on the path I need to be.

{This post is also on my site, Sam's Noggin.}
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...