Friday, September 2, 2011

Seeds of Wisdom--Kids Say!

We all know that kids say some of the cutest, rudest, crudest, funniest (and many other -ests) things. They process life differently than we do, and they don't understand the constraints yet. So, there are bound to be some hysterical moments to share. And so--we shall.

JESSICA

We were trying to raise a litter of just-born, orphan kittens. As can happen with farm life, it didn't go as we had hoped. When the first kitten died, I told my five-year-old daughter. She squatted next to it's tiny, furry body and examined it for several minutes. Then she hugged me and said, "I named the kitten George Washington. Because he's dead too. Did you know he was our country's first president?"


DORIE


While teaching my daughter to diagram compound subjects for grammar, I said, "You draw a fork." Our preschooler was apparently listening because later as my daughter practiced sentence diagramming on a chalkboard, he wandered over to her, and asked, "Where do you put the spoon?"


SAM


My husband is a minister. A few Sundays ago our 5th child, Evan (5), asked me- "Why does daddy always go up front to preach?" my reply- "It's his job." Evan's response- "Really?"


RALENE


About a year ago, I was sitting on my bed, typing away on the laptop, while Alana and Kyra were watching cartoons.

Kyra stood up and walked across the bed to stand by my side. She was quiet for a few moments before asking, "Mommy, do you have any nipples?"

Not wanting to get into a discussion about nipples or have Kyra trying to lift my shirt to look, I told her no.

She laughed. "Yes, you do, Mommy. You have one right here!" She pointed to this mole I have on the back of my neck (you know the ones that are big and stick out).

My eyes widened. Where do kids get this stuff? "No, honey, that's not a nipple."

"Yes, it is!"

"No, it's a mole."

"What's a mole?"

Here we go again...

Needless to say, I couldn't even answer because I was laughing so hard.





Now, you're turn to share!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...